Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Jeju Island (Day 2: Part 2)

**I am not impressed with Blogger. They just had some techincal issues. In the course of these issues, my last 2 posts were un-posted and pretty much erased. Very unhappy. So here I am, doing this again.**



Next stop: Soesokkak.


One of my students recommended this place. I can understand why. I would've liked to see more and enjoy it more, but I was alone. Blast.

Anyway, here are the pictures.




A short panoramic view in Soesokkak.




Inviting




Wow, reminds me of Tennessee.






Oh, I really wanted to try this, just not alone.






Oh, must return and try this.






Look at the water.






Rock + Water + Erosion = natural rock art.






the gorge





Looking down the gorge.




The sign to the entrance, just as I'm leaving.






Reflections in the center.





Wow, Blossoms.






Ooooo, looks interesting: wonder what's here?



It's the entrance to the Seobok Exhibition.





Frame within an edited frame.







The famous Seobul ("Xufu" in Chinese), who was dispatched by Emperor Qin of China, to find the herb of eternal youth. His envoy included 500 boys and girls. According to the legend, this herb was on Halla Mountain. From what I understand, Halla Mountain was the home of the gods: like Korea's Mount Olympus.





Jeongbang Waterfall




The sea facing Jeongbang Falls






Jeongbang Falls with the Chinese characters that say "Seobul was here".







I couldn't stop taking pictures of this waterfall.





By far, my favorite waterfall in Jeju.





Whoa, the majesty.





Love this place.







Ol' Thyme Elegance.





The people at Jeongbang Falls as I leave.






1 more look back, before I go to the top of the stairs and out of sight.







Flowers peeping from the bushes.





By the Seogwipo KAL Hotel near the Airport Limousine Bus stop. I wanted to do something as I waited, so I used my ever ready camera.







Palm leaves.




Close-up of palm leaves.




Next: The final part of Day 2, spent in 3 museums.




No comments:

Post a Comment