Monday, October 10, 2011

My 2nd Chuseok (11.-13. Sept.)

Well, well, well . . . who would've thought I'd be in Korea for 2 Chuseoks?

For my 2nd Korean Thanksgiving, I went with 3 friends over to an area just outside of Chuncheon (a city NE of Seoul). It was a nice, rural area--very peaceful and quiet. This was something we really needed--especially my friends, since they live in Seoul.



At the pension we were gonna stay in.

There's the owner explaining how to use the different appliances.




Our bathroom. I haven't seen one so lovely in all my time in Korea.



Supplied with towels, facial cleanser, and body wash!




The kitchenette.





Our balcony.




An attempt of a panoramic shot out our balcony.





Nice little detail, if people wanna chat/eat/smoke/whatever on the balcony.





The lights in our room.





My bedding. I slept alone on the top "floor"/"bunk"/whatever you want to call it.





The bed where the twin sister slept in.

I sat on it and the mattress is one of the most comfortable I've ever felt.





Exploring from the outside.

No idea how my camera did this.

Kinda like it.




Animated bunch.





Hi there.




Oh, nature . . . how I've missed thee!





Okay, now off to explore another area.




We end up at the road . . . with a Buddhist reincarnation sign.

A temple must be nearby.





What was that?





Ocean World

a major water park

too bad my camera isn't water-proof--hence for the extreme limited amount of pictures taken at this place.


The rides were pretty cool, though.


As you come in, take off your shoes, go to a shoe locker, then go into the actual lockers/changing rooms.





Towards the changing rooms.


The pictures at this water park end here. Sorry.





We were starving when we got back. They cooked a bunch and we decided to eat outside (weather was nice enough).

This is only half the food. I was too hungry to take a picture of the entire banquet.

Again, sorry.



Now, off for a walk to walk off the meal.



Nature's smile.




Next day, before we left, we decided to walk to the river nearby. This is the bridge we'll ride on to get back to the train station (about a 20-30 min. ride).




Crane!





Tracy beholding the nature set out before her.





Indeed lovely, is it not?





Michelle soaking the nature in as well . . . almost literally.





I like it here.





Photo-shoot!



Well, that the end of my pictures from my 2nd Korean Thanksgiving (Chuseok).

No comments:

Post a Comment