Saturday, December 30, 2017

Update before the end of 2017

So I haven't shown any signs of life on my blog in over a month.

Let me change that now.

Since the earthquake, there have been a few eventful happenings . . .

1. I had plantar fasciitis (click on that name to find out what it is).
I like to walk and walk long distances. I enjoy dancing (nothing too crazy). As a teacher, I stand just about the entire length of the class period. I also have high arches. 
According to this website, I'm a prime candidate for this condition.

I went to a hospital and had treatment for 3 days a week for 6 weeks. The doctor told me I needed to walk and stand as less as possible. It was hard, but I did what I could. I did not travel at all during that time.

As far as the treatment, Mondays and Fridays were when I had a series of them (i.e., sonography, shockwave therapy, heat treatment, and something that seemed to target my muscles) on my right heel, where it hurt. Wednesdays were the days when I got my weekly shot--into my right heel. Not fun, but over with within seconds.

One of my treatments outside the clinic.

After my treatment period was over, I tried to be careful, just to not relapse.
Seriously, I was scared to death of having a relapse and have to go through more weeks of the treatments.
But then I tried walking back home from church one Sabbath. It's about 5 stops away from home--up and on a hill. I walked back. My heel didn't hurt. What a glorious moment.



Speaking of a glorious moment, that brings me to number two . . .

2. Masan Teachers' Chorus Concert

The concert's poster
We had all been practicing a lot for this event. We memorized 8 or 9 songs--only 1 in English. The others were naturally in Korean. We even learned the choreography for 4 of those songs.

That was a lot of fun.

I might write a post about that. I need to get some pictures to go with it first.



Christmas was nice but bad at the same time.
I visited a family I know in Seoul. They'll move to the States in Spring, so  I wanted to spend time with them before they left for good. The bad thing was that the micro-dust levels in Seoul were very high that weekend, and I got sick. But as soon as I left Seoul and returned here, I started getting better. I'd say I'm just about cured now.



I've been contributing a bit to Google Maps.
You know I like to explore restaurants and cafes, as well as places.
Here's a little of what I've shared so far on Google Maps.

That's basically it.

See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment